Malsi Deer Park(Zoo) Dehradun
The Dehradun Zoo is one of the famous tourist places of Dehradun.Formerly known as Malsi Deer Park. This zoo is developed as a mini-zoological park and offers a resplendent view of the ethereal natural beauty enveloping the area. It is built on the objectives of ex-situ conservation of wild animals, biodiversity conservation, to develop as an education center and a rescue center for wild animals.It is situated in the serene surroundings of the city, the Dehradun Zoo is one of the best places to visit on the way to Mussoorie.
Zoo is place where animals kept.A lot of animals has been kept in the malsi deer park of dehradun. The word “zoo” is short for “zoological park.the place is an ideal getaway from the humdrum of city life and enjoys wildlife in aa quaint little Himalayan. this place is approximately 10 kilometer from Dehradun (rajpur road) and lies in the outskirts of this hill town. the park is home to a range of wildlife spaces and natural plants. this park is the middle point of Dehradun and Mussoorie children’s have lots of fun and enjoy the park. It is home to the national bird peacock and some exotic Himalayan bird species purse making it is a popular destination for bird animal lovers.
Things To do:
- if you wanna see peacock then there is the best place for children and children love it a lot.
- if your mode to see animal then you must have come there to enjoy nature and feel animal feelings.
- In this park you have seen Nilgai Tiger crocodile are other attractions.
- And one more thing Don’t miss to horned deer and the aviary section.
- This place is good to spend some time and feel nature and many more new things.
Best Time to Visit
- I think there is no time to say best if you are mood is to see animals and birds and if you are an animal lover then you must go to the park.
- But summer and monsoon draw most people to the hill town.
- Monsoon in the hill are quotes think and you get to see the peacock in full bloom.
How to Reach
- This park is 10 kilometer from Dehradun and can be said by a bus auto-rickshaw in 25 to 30 minutes. the park lies in Mussoorie road and following between Dehradun and Mussoorie.
- If you have come on the train then the Dehradun railway station lies at a distance of 11 kilometers and if you come in the plane then and the nearest airport Jolly Grant airport is 33 kilometer from the park.
Some Attraction Things Near in this Park
- Landour bazar and the robber’s cave are situated within 2 kilometers from the park.
- Shastradharafall and Tapkeshwar temple lie within a 5-kilometer distance from the park.
- A couple of charges like the believers church Saint Thomas church and transistors can be found near the area.
- Kalinga monument also Tapovan Mandir and important destination line in the vicinity.
If you Feel Hungry
There is malsi green vegetarian restaurant mukhya Dhaba at and at khopa are the nearest food destinations.
3 kilometer from the park the great Indian pub Dunkin doughnuts and the chai cafe and offer great foods.
And there is a lot of Maggi points side on the road.