Dehradun Railway Station: Expectations vs. Reality
Being located in the Dehradun area, Dehradun Railway is a significant rail hub in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. Dehradun’s station code name is “DDN.” The Dehradun railway station is regarded as one of the top 100 train ticketing and travel stations of the Indian Railways. It is a part of Uttarakhand, one of the busiest and most populous states in India. A total of 35 trains per day travel via the Dehradun (DDN) junction.
Near Prince Chowk in the city’s centre, the railway station is within walking distance of most hotels. Outside the station, local transportation options for the entire city of Dehradun include autos, intercity buses, and Vikram. Cabs and taxis are readily accessible outside the train station for those who wish to go to other regions of Uttarakhand, such as Haridwar, Rishikesh, Roorkee, Mussoorie, Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri.
The Dehradun Mussoorie Bus Station, which frequently provides services to Mussoorie, is in front of the train station. The UKSRTC Roadways Bus Station (ISBT) is a short distance from the Dehradun Railway Station in Delhi. It connects to all the important North Indian cities, such as Mussoorie, Meerut, Saharanpur, Shimla, Dehradun, Badrinath, Nainital, Ranikhet, and Uttarkashi. Jolly Grant Airport, which is 28 kilometres away in Dehradun, is the closest.
In 2019–20, the station had renovations that included platform expansion and station complex remodelling. The station was shut down on November 10, 2019, and was reopened on February 8, 2020. The Dehradun-bound trains ended at either Haridwar or Harrawala during this time, which are around 12 kilometres from the city. Numerous signs and maps were additionally introduced. In Braille, to make the station friendly for visually challenged persons.
Facilities at Dehradun Junction
A major railway junction linking Uttarakhand to other regions of the nation is Dehradun. Facilities for passengers include:
- Waiting Room: At the Dehradun Railway, waiting areas are available for use by overall passengers. Upon presentation of your travel tickets, you may use these without charge for a short period until the arrival of the connecting train.
- Places to shop and eat: The platform is filled with modest shops for snacks and other small drinks.
- Accommodation: Travellers can reserve independent accommodations or dorm rooms at the Rail Yatri Niwas on presenting their tickets. This facility is affordable and accessible. Numerous reasonably priced hotels are also available right outside the station.
- Cloak Room: At the Dehradun station, cloakrooms and safety lockers are available to store your luggage.
- Reservation: The Dehradun Railway Station offers a computerized reservation system for passengers to use when purchasing tickets.
- Help Desk: The Passenger help desk at the Dehradun railway station may assist passengers with questions regarding travel and tourism, train schedules, and directions.
Hotels near Railway Station in Dehradun with Budget and Deluxe Rooms
dehradun railway station near hotel
There are several hotels around this place; let’s take a round on the nearby roads.
The Hotel Shri Ram, Hotel Shiv Palace, and Hotel Meedo are the closest accommodations to the railway station. These hotels are reasonably priced and provide comfortable accommodations in a convenient location.
Tyagi Road is located on the right side if you head forward from the station in the direction of Prince Chowk, which will take you around 5 minutes. The Tyagi Road is the centre for hotels, and there is a shortcut that leads there from the back of the station, which is close to all of the hotels on the road. The Sangam Hotel and Hotel Atithi are my favourites and the most comfortable.
Each of them has a helpful team eager to assist you in the greatest way possible. Sangam is more likely to be classified as a low-cost hotel where you may enjoy your stay while still having access to all the essential amenities. Other hotels, including the Hotel Invitation Grand near the road’s commencement, provide a wide range of chances to settle into your comfort zone. One Shagun Guest House exists, as.
Dehradun Station - FAQs
Most frequent questions and answers
The Dehradun Railway station is used by 35 different trains. Among the significant trains that travel through DDN are: (DEHRADUN – NEW DELHI Jan Shatabdi Express, DEHRADUN – KATHGODAM Express, etc.).
Dehradun Railway Station’s station code is “DDN.” Indian Railways, which operates the largest railway system in the world, revealed station code names for all train routes, giving railways a language.
There are 17 different railway zones on Indian Railway. The Northern Railway zone includes the Dehradun Railway station.
At DDN, there are a total of 4 substantial platforms.
The last train to depart Dehradun station is the DEHRADUN – KATHGODAM Express at 23:30.