Shiv Mandir Dehradun Mussoorie Road
It is also famous as Prakeshwar Mahadev Temple with the locals. The Shiva temple is one of the famous religious places of Dehradun. this temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Here you can see many pictures and idols of God and Goddess. Everyday the temple is decorated with flowers. Special pujas are conducted on the occasion of Shivaratri and Sawan.
Shiva temple in Dehradun
Bhandare is organized daily for the devotees where Prasad is distributed to them. The only temple where devotees cannot make any donation to God. This place is very quiet which gives complete relaxation and peace to the mind.
How to reach Shiva temple
Shiva temple location
Remember Such Things while visiting shiva Temple
- While visiting Prakeshwar Mahadev Temple, note that you are not allowed to offer anything. Prakeshwar Mahadev is one of the few temples that does not accept donations of any kind. They also do not accept anonymous donations.
- Devotees are strictly prohibited from taking pictures of the temple.
- One can visit the temple and have prasad or tea served in the kitchen of the temple.
- Since this area is quite popular for monkey danger, do not eat it in the open and take care of your belongings.
- If you have sweet teeth, you can stop at the ice cream parlor adjacent to the temple. The parlor has a variety of fragrant ice-creams, sweets and other food items.